Home Again November promotion
I'm running a special promotion for the entirety of November, my birth month. I normally don't celebrate my birthday, but this year for the first time I have an albeit small platform, thanks to my game Home Again. So for the next thirty days, I'm giving you an opportunity to celebrate with me by supporting me or an important cause. And you can do so in a few different ways, no matter your means:
As there are 30 days in November, Home Again will be on sale for 30% off. In addition, I'm releasing 30 free community copies. I have always offered the game for free to people of color, and that will continue to be the case. However, no one has yet to take me up on that offer, so I'm making a more explicit one now. Furthermore, these 30 copies are for anyone who is unable to buy the game. Any copies yet unclaimed after November will remain available.
I also want to use this opportunity to promote causes that are important to me (and hopefully to you too). As my birthday is on the 20th of November, if you show proof this month that you've recently donated at least $20 (full price plus a $5 tip!) to one of the following organizations - or a total of $20 to a combination of them - I'll send you a link to download Home Again for free.
- AFIRE Chicago: "The Alliance of Filipinos for Immigrant Rights & Empowerment (AFIRE) is a grassroots community organization that builds the capacity of Filipino/a/xs to organize on issues of social, racial, and economic justice that affect undocumented immigrants, domestic workers, seniors, and youth."
- Howard Brown Health: "Howard Brown exists to eliminate the disparities in healthcare experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people through research, education and the provision of services that promote health and wellness."
- RAICES: "We defend the rights of immigrants and refugees, empower individuals, families and communities, and advocate for liberty and justice."
- Trans Lifeline: "Trans Lifeline is a national trans-led 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the quality of trans lives by responding to the critical needs of our community with direct service, material support, advocacy, and education."
Some of these organizations are local to my own community. If you would rather support a different organization that is local and/or important to you, contact me before making your donation, and we can negotiate. To show proof of donation or inquire about an unlisted org, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, I've separated the playsheets from the rest of the game files for Home Again, and they're now available as a free demo. This is common for other PbtA games, but I just didn't think of it till recently. I also made a small update to the playsheets that corrects the placement of two moves on the Basic moves sheet.
That's it for now. Thanks for being here <3
During November, celebrate my birthday in one of these ways:
- Home Again is 30% off all month
- 30 community copies are available for free, no questions asked
- Donate $20 or more to the above or other organizations and receive Home Again for free
Get Home Again
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.